Sunday, November 14, 2010

Judy's Cheese Ball

Just in time for the holiday season, I thought I would add this wonderful recipe. I got this recipe from a member from my misson, Judy Lubinski. This cheese ball is very easy to prepare and it is by far the best cheese ball I have ever tasted. I will post pictures the next time I prepare one of these babies.

Cheese Ball

2 Packages Cream Cheese (softened)
8oz can of Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
¼ cup Onion (extra fine chop)
¼ cup Green Pepper (extra fine chop)
1/2 t seasoned salt
2 cups Walnuts (1 cup fine chop, 1 cup rough chop)
1 Maraschino Cherry

Combine Cream Cheese, Peppers, Onions, Pineapple, seasoned salt and the cup of fine chopped Walnuts. Make sure the pineapple is very well drained, and get as much moisture out of the onions and peppers as possible by letting them sit out or pressing them. Form into a ball and roll in the rough chopped Walnuts. Garnish the very top of the cheeseball with the Maraschino Cherry. You can substitute Walnuts for Pecans or sliced Almonds. Low Fat Cream cheese also works very well for a lo-cal Cheese Ball.

1 comment: