Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken Wings

You will need to buy some frozen chicken wings and then defrost them in cold running water. I prefer the wings from Sams Club. This recipe will be for 24 wings/sections. You will want to prepare the wings to day because they always taste better if they have marinated for a day in the fridge. I use homemade Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch for dipping. Other Ranch dressings just don't taste right. You can buy Franks RedHot by the gallon for $7 and it lasts for years in the pantry even after its opened.

Wings

24 defrosted chicken wing pieces
1 3/4 cups Cornstarch
1 1/2 cups Franks RedHot hot sauce

Defrost and drain the wings, In a large bowl mix the Franks Red Hot and the cornstarch until smooth. It should be the consistancy of thin pancake batter. Add the wings to the batter and mix well. Next you want to put the wings into sandwich bags. I put 6 wings to a bag because thats a good number to fry at a time. After I put them in bag I place them in a bread pan so they don't leak all ove the fridge. I like to let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. You can let them marinate up to a week ahead of time too and they taste great still.

To cook them, I heat the oil to 350F and fry 6 wings at a time. I just gently dump the whole bag into the fryar. After a minute or two, I use some large tongs to break up the wings. I typically cook them for 5-6 minutes but it depends on how well your fryer retains its tempurature. Sauce the wings in a large bowl.

Sauce

2 cups Franks Red Hot
2 cup brown sugar

Just warm up the Franks Red hot on the stove until the brown disolves, absolutely do not boil the sauce or you will choke up the house with hot sauce, it kinda like having pepper spray in the house.

1 comment:

  1. Wingers chicken has became a staple at my house. I do like to use the breaded chicken tenders from Costco, and broil them on high flipping them regularly. Mostly because Alisha doesn't like my frying in the house. Homemade Hidden valley is the next best thing to ranch from the BYU Dairy. Store bought in the bottle just doesn't taste right.

    ReplyDelete