Wednesday, September 22, 2010

As part of my blog I will also be doing food reviews of restaurants and other types of food joints.

On Sept 20th, Clara, Boston and I went out for a bite to eat at the Mandarin Garden on Main St in Logan, UT. It had been several years since I have been to the Mandarin, but it is common knowledge that the Mandarin makes some great food. The Mandarin is a sit down casual dining experience.

While at the Mandarin we received excellent service. We ordered a Bo-Bo Platter as an appetizer because Bo likes the name. The Bo-Bo platter came with two fried shrimp, two egg rolls, two teriyaki chicken skewers, four beef skewers, and two crab rangoons. I also ordered the orange chicken, and shrimp low mien for the kids. Overall ever thing was very well cooked. The chicken skewers were my least favorite, but they were still way above average. My favorite was the crab rangoons but I am a sucker for an excellent rangoon. The rangoons were much larger than average and you could tell they were made from scratch. Other food items worth noting was the orange chicken. The breading was a little heavier than I like but the sauce was light tasting, yet flavorful. In the future I will try to avoid fried foods from the Mandarin

The coolest part of the whole meal had nothing to do with the food but it was the cool food art on every platter. We recieved a beautiful and very detailed carrot flower with about 20 petals, a lovely butterfly and cucumber dragon.

Pro's- Food art was great, service was adequate, food was way above average for Chinese
Con's- Breading way too thickon the fried foods


Food ***
Service ***
Decor **
Price $15 Per person

Five stars possible

No comments:

Post a Comment